Transfrontier Parks Destinations (TFPD) is a consortium of like-minded associates who are business-oriented social entrepreneurs. We are well-qualified with in-depth experience in finance, marketing, safari activities and hospitality management.
Working in Southern Africa’s Transfrontier Peace Parks and adjacent areas, we are passionate about the development of a viable and sustainable tourism industry that balances the needs of the local community with those of nature.
Our commitment is to the creation of a sustainable business model that becomes an asset for the local communities. We believe that this can be achieved when:
- All actions are based on respect for nature and people
- Business is managed with sound financial principles
- The needs of the local communities, and their development, are given priority
- Resources are used carefully, sustainably and never to the detriment of nature.
What we do:
We develop and manage world-class, community-owned tourist destinations that benefit the local communities. Our tourist destinations and activities in Southern Africa’s Transfrontier Peace Parks and Limpopo Province are environmentally sustainable and ecologically sound.
We identify opportunities with Southern Africa’s Transfrontier Parks and Conservation areas to create or re-develop tourist-based businesses
- We bring together the teams to design and construct the Lodge
- We develop and execute a marketing plan that includes both international, trade and local marketing, media, public relations and advertising
- We identify the staffing requirements, hire and train the people
- We remain responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Lodge
- We run a central reservations facility, with online access
- We maintain full financial control of development and operational funds
- We keep a formal and informal channel of communication with the officials of the local community
- We identify and support local social development projects, and leverage the support of our guests.